webMethods.io MFT is an integrated MFT solution on cloud that brings together B2B, application support, and MFT in a service-oriented platform.
Overview of webMethods.io MFT
webMethods.io MFT is a Managed File Transfer (MFT) solution on cloud that ensures protected internal and external data transfers in a centralized system for Business-to-Business (B2B), Application-to-Application (A2A), cloud-based, or ad hoc environments. webMethods.io MFT uses a combination of advanced software and secure communication protocols to provide:
- Reliable and secure data transfer.
- Automated data transfers based on specific policies, partners, and permissions.
- Management of large files.
- Insight and control at every stage of the transfer process, including real-time monitoring, error and receipt logging, auditing, and data tracking.
MFT solutions come in many implementations, including both software applications and services, with varying levels of control, integration, and transparency. Most MFT solutions are made up of the following two key components, available individually or bundled as an end-to-end solution:
webMethods.io MFT that do the primary work of data exchange on cloud, including support of communications and security protocols.
Clients that provide administration, reporting, scheduling, and scripting, used by both human users and applications (through application programming interfaces or APIs).
MFT offers a number of security, administration, and scalability advantages over non-secure file transfer protocols such as FTP. With MFT, there is no need to develop custom code for routine functions such as delivery confirmation, reporting, audit, security provisioning, and community management.
What is webMethods.io MFT?
webMethods.io MFT provides you with a single point of control for all file transfer activities. webMethods.io MFT enables organizations to exchange information securely over the Internet using a variety of communication protocols.
The following figure illustrates how webMethods.io MFT components fit into an MFT scenario at a high level:
webMethods.io MFT supports collaboration, integration, governance, and scalability.
webMethods.io MFT Features
webMethods.io MFT offers the following features:
- Virtual folders: Associate virtual folders with file server locations.
- Actions: Define post-processing or scheduled actions to perform specific tasks.
- Users: Associate new users with webMethods.io MFT.
- Logs: Monitor file transactions, executions of post-processing or scheduled actions, and asset updates in the file transactions, action, and audit logs respectively.
webMethods.io MFT Capabilities
webMethods.io MFT offers the following capabilities:
Multi-protocol support: Provides complete support for SFTP, FTP, SCP (server only), SMB (client only), protocols.
Centralized management: Provides a centralized interface to manage file transfers, servers, and users. You can set up transfer definitions to facilitate the transfer of entire directories or individual files. You can also control access to file transfers on a per-user basis.
Transaction monitoring: Provides a centralized interface to browse and search audit logs of all file transfers.
Built-in encryption and security: Offers complete data security and support for the world’s most stringent encryption standards, including SSL and integrated PGP. You can also apply policies that can restrict activity during a specific time of the day or days of the week.
Client support: Provides a variety of client interfaces that end users can use to send files to webMethods.io MFT. End users can upload or download files using a standard SFTP or FTPS client.
Parallel processing of multiple threads for actions: Provides you the option of selecting parallel processing of files in multiple threads instead of a single-thread, sequential processing of files for an action. Parallel processing results in quicker and more efficient file processing.
Typical Usage Scenarios
Typical business uses of webMethods.io MFT include the following:
- Business-to-Business (B2B)
- Transfers between a manufacturer and a wholesaler
- Transfers between a wholesaler and a retailer
- Application-to-Application (A2A)
- Transfers between a bank branch and the central headquarters
- Transfers between different systems and a mainframe/ERP
Protocols supported by webMethods.io MFT
webMethods.io MFT supports a specific set of protocols for each asset as follows:
|webMethods.io MFT asset||Supported protocols|
|Virtual folders||FTP, FTPES, FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS, SFTP, SMB (1.0, 2.0, and 3.0 versions), WebDAV, and WebDAVs.|
|Actions||FTP, FTPES, FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS, SFTP, SMB (1.0, 2.0, and 3.0 versions), WebDAV, and WebDAVs.|