Explore the release highlights and usage notes for webMethods.io API Gateway.
|GraphQL support||GraphQL API type can be managed in API Gateway.|
|Trace and Replay support for API Calls||With Trace API support, the complete life cycle can be monitored for any runtime requests within API Gateway.
API calls can be traced and inspected at granular level.
For GA, the number of supported policy actions are limited. More policy actions will be supported in the upcoming fixes.
|Proof Key for Code Exchange Support||Support for PKCE to secure OAuth 2.0 public clients that use the Authorization Code Grant.|
|Enhancements to SOAP to REST transformation||SOAP to REST transformation feature is enhanced with the following:
|Enhancements to API Monetization||API Monetization feature is enhanced with the following:
|Enhancements to SSO implementation||SSO implementation is enhanced with the following:
|Policy Label||Monitor Level Agreement policy label is shortened to Monitor SLA|
|Deprecated Item||Replacement, if any|
|Transaction Alert settings under Administration > General Configuration, API usage details dashboard and API usage Report details under API Gateway Analytics dashboard are deprecated and will be removed in future releases.||Alternatively, you can use webMethods Metering console to understand the transactions usage and quota.|
This section provides any additional information that you need, to work with webMethods.io API Gateway.
This release is based on the 10.11 on-premise release.
Software AG Cloud products are available in several geographical regions, operated by different infrastructure providers. Click here for information on the available products and also the underlying infrastructure provider in each region.
Information on major releases, hotfixes, and patch releases including the latest statistics on cloud environments availability, incident history, and planned maintenance events are available on the webMethods.io iPaaS Service Status page.
Click here for information on supported browsers.
The following functionalities have certain restrictions in webMethods API Gateway instance on cloud:
webSocket API is not supported.
The following policies are not supported in a cloud instance as they are relevant only for an on premise deployment:
- Enable JMS/AMQP
- JMS/AMQP Routing
- JMS/AMQP Properties
- Authorize User
Policy Properties support
The following policy properties are not supported in API Cloud API Gateway instance:
Audit Log, JDBC, Digital Events, and SNMP destinations are not available in the following policies:
- Log Invocation
- Monitor Performance
- Monitor SLA
- Traffic Optimization
Kerberos Token Authentication property is not available in the Inbound Authentication - Transport policy
The following properties are not available in the Inbound Authentication - Message policy:
- Validate SAML Audience URL
- Require SAML Token under Token Assertions
The Run as user property is not available in the following policies:
- Invoke webMethods IS Service
- IS Service alias
- Request Transformation
- Response Transformation
- Conditional Error Processing
- Access URLs
Tenants can access the API Cloud API Gateway instance (both the UI and runtime invocation) only using the URL provided by Software AG. This implies the following restrictions for the tenant:
- Ports section is not available since they cannot be manipulated.
- Load Balancer URLs section is not available since they cannot be manipulated.
- Access URLs Tenants can access the API Cloud API Gateway instance (both the UI and runtime invocation) only using the URL provided by Software AG. This implies the following restrictions for the tenant:
Cache configuration support is not available.
Licensing support is not available
Clustering configuration support is not available.
Messaging is not available.
Web services is not available.
Master password management is not supported.
Application logs section that contains configuring aggregation of logs is not supported.
The following destinations have restrictions in API Cloud API Gateway instance:
- Audit Log, Database, Digital Event Services (DES) and third party SNMP server are not available since they are relevant only for on premise cases.
- API Portal settings are auto populated and disabled when API Portal is provisioned as part of the API Cloud.
- For an Email destination, only templates can be configured since API Gateway Cloud instance has a predefined email server that cannot be changed.
- Outbound Proxy section is not available under General configuration as it is relevant only for an on premise deployment.
- Kibana port cannot be updated as it is predefined and SAML SSO section is not available under the system settings section.
Few Extended settings are not available.
System Information in the About page is not included.
The Send Digital Events notification setting under Quota management is not available.
- Runtime event data cannot be archived or restored in API Cloud API Gateway instance.
- Cache statistics is not available.
- Application logs are not available.
Custom Import - JMS settings and JNDI settings is not available as they are not applicable for Cloud.
- Service development is not possible in API Gateway cloud, that is, Designer cannot be connected in API Cloud API Gateway instance.
- Integration Server console cannot be accessed. This means that all the configurations including logging is not available
- Reverse Invoke from an on premise instance is not supported.
- Paired gateway setup is not supported in a cloud instance. Advanced Edition is the default hosted solution.
Custom Dashboard is available only for paid tenants and is not supported for free trial tenants and free forever tenants.